Sunday, March 29, 2009

A Monster of a Day....

Today we went to Marion Greater Union to see a special preview of "Monsters vs Aliens" thanks to my very good, and I love you lots, friend Sue. Somehow, Sue managed to get hold of a family pass to the movies and although I think she would have loved to take her girls, she thought Charlotte and Jazzie were a bit too young to enjoy the movie.... So we scored the tickets!!!

As an added bonus the radio station who was putting on the special screening also put on a "Family Fun Day" as well, so you could do all sorts of cool things.....

They had snow cones.... Cam has never had one before and thought he would give it a try (well why not everything was free!!)

He did like it!

They had a lady on stilts...She's supposed to be Susan from the movie.

And you could decorate your own cookie.... In the image of Bob the blob....



Finished product! Tasted yum as well!

Balloon making.... this was one of the longest lines....

Cam won a poster on the clowns...

BJ waiting for the movie to start.

Waiting......waiting......

Ok, now we are getting a bit silly!

Then, after the movie we went to Mac Donald's to have lunch.... Waiting very patiently again! The boys had a really good day ( I think one quote was "This was the best day I have ever had mum", yes Cam, until the next best day!) and so did Andy and I because my boys behaved like angles....until we got home!

Thanks again Sue...
Xx

5 comments :

susy said...

Sounds like fun, I think I would have liked the balloon shaping class too. I wonder how they would feel if a grown woman shoved all the kids out of the way,lol.
so have you taken the phtos yet????

COCO said...

I wish we had a cinema here. I think Bendigo!! Anyway glad the boys had a great day. Gee they are growing up Donna,they must have great looking parents as they are both very handsome.lol
I fancy the cookie decorating myself. love Coco xx

Andrea said...

Aww! That's so fun! I can't wait to have kids to take to McD's and the movies! I love that Cam said it was the best day of his life. :-)

Anonymous said...

Brooke won family tickets to The Pink Panther 2. It would have been better if it was Monsters v Aliens. I told Greg he can take the girls and find another adult to go with. You look like you had a great day.

Anne Elizabeth said...

That looked like so much fun! How was the movie. R wants to take Pink to see it sometime.